Sustainable Devizes believe that local independent businesses benefit the area hugely and in many ways. At the time of updating this directory we are in the COVID-19 lockdown. At this time many local food producers and suppliers have really shown their worth by helping to keep us fed, often when the large supermarkets have been struggling to cope.
Once the COVID-19 situation calms down let's keep using these businesses, as they have clearly demonstrated that they make Devizes more resilient in difficult times.
FRUIT, VEG & FARM SHOPS
- Selling - Small scale Community Supported Agriculture offering vegetable boxes. Working to be organic.
- Location - Bishops Cannings 07814 605800
- Selling - Fruit, home grown vegetables, meat, gas, coal, firewood, refills
- Location - Devizes Road Bromham 01380 850228
- Open - Mon-Sat 09:00-17:30, Sun 09:00-13:00
- Notes - Can deliver locally
- Selling - Seasonal local vegetables
- Location - Stills Farm, Bromham
- Open - Mon-Fri 15:00-17:00
- Notes - Normally wholesale only, but in the COVID-19 lockdown offering veg boxes for collection at Old Lane Pub Pewsham 08:00-09:00, Greyhound Pub Bromham 09:30-10:30 see Pagets mobile veg boxes for details
- Selling - Locally produced meat and vegetables, locally made ready meals, cakes and preserves
- Location - Old Potato Yard, Lydeway. 01380 848691
- Open - Mon-Thu 09:30-17:00, Fri 09:30-18:00, Sat 09:30-17:00, Sun 10:00-16:00
- Selling - Poulshot Local meat, cheese, veg, preserves etc
- Location - Lodge Farm, Puolshot, Devizes. 01380 827202
- Open - Tue-Fri 10:00-17:00, Sat 10:00-16:00
- Notes - During COVID-19 lockdown only 3 in the shop at a time, offering car park collection & local deliveries.
- Selling - Meat, bread & cakes, fresh produce and thoughtful gifts
- Location - By the Rowdey Cow, Devizes Road, Rowde. 01380 720002
- Open - Now open 10:00-16:00 7 days a week. Also offering a collection or delivery service.
Village Veg Bromham
- Selling - Fresh in season locally grown fruit and vegetables, also pickles, preserves, dired goods, local eggs and dairy
- Location - Yard Lane, Bromham 01380 850388
- Open - 08:30-21:00 Monday to Saturday for delivery in Devizes and surrounding areas
- Selling - Fruit and vegetable boxes plus bread, meat and other groceries. Most of the vegetables are sourced from Bromham and salsds from the Vale of Evesham.
- Location - Lowerfields Farm, Bystone Lane, Coate, Devizes SN10 3LQ. 01380 860968
- Open - Home delivery service only. Order via the website.
- Selling - Meat and also veg boxes
- Location - 6 The Brittox, Devizes. 01380 738094
- Open - Mon-Fri 09:00-17:00, Sat 0900:16:00
- Selling - Locally produced meat, home made pies, preserves
- Location - High Street, Market Lavington. 01380 812344
- Open - Mon-Tue 08:00-13:00, Wed-Fri 08:00-17:00, Sat 07:00-15:00
- Notes - During COVID-19 lockdown only 2 in the shop at a time, deliveries on Tuesday and Friday.
- Selling - Meat
- Location - Bystone Lane, Coate. 01380 860281
- Open - Tue-fri 08:00-16:00, Sat 08:00-13:00
- Selling - Premium Galloway beef
- Location - Netherstreet Farm, Bromham. 01380 859478
- Open - Click and collect Monday to Friday 09:30-17:30
- Notes - Order online or by phone for collection at Netherstreet Farm. Also delivering to Devizes on Thursday
- Selling - Pork from their family run pig farm, plus cooked pork products
- Location - The Cottage, Totterdown Farm, Seend, SN12 6RQ. 01380 828755
- Open - Ring or email to order, deliveries made on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Selling - Butcher, delicatessen and fishmonger, specialising in local products of the highest quality
- Location - 21/22 Sidmouth Street, Devizes. 01380 722335
- Open - Mon & Wed 06:00-17:00, Thu-Fri 06:00-17:30, Sat 06:00-16:30
- Notes - For home delivery please order via the website
- Selling - Bromham Bacon available via local shops including V and P Collins & Walter Rose
- Location - Sandridge Farm, Bromham. 01380 850304
- Open - Shop only open to the public for a period around Christmas, but can order for collection for orders over £25
- Selling - Local butcher and abattoir offering service to home producers
- Location - High Street, Bromham. 01380 850153
- Open - Mon 08:00-13:00, Tue- Fri 08-13:00 / 14:00-17:00, Sat 08:00-13:00
- Notes - During COVID-19 lockdown only 1 in the shop at a time
- Selling - Dairy products
- Location - 127 High Street, Littleton Panell. 01380 812314
- Open - Local deliveries in West Lavington area
- Notes - Delivery only during COVID-19 lockdown
- Selling - Fresh whole milk pasturised on the farm
- Location - Self service vending machine outside All Cannings Shop . Now also at The Spotty Dog farm shop!
- Open - Self service
- Notes - Also have a pop-up shop at The Barge Honeystreet and in the Great Cheverell village shop
- Selling - Deliver milk, cream, bread, cheese, yogurts, potatoes and fruit juices in Devizes and all the surrounding villages in the traditional style.
- Location - Manor Farmhouse, Marston. 01380 828600
- Open - Delivery only
- Selling - Organic duck eggs and oven ready duck, from the farm. Also delicious cheese from rare breed Golden Guernsey goats.
- Location - Home Farm, West Lavington, Devizes SN10 4JB. 07867 781699
- Open - By arrangement
The Dairy - Edington
- Selling - Deliver milk
- Location - The Dairy, Unit 6A, Old Station Yard, Edington. 01225 776494
- Open - Delivery only
BREAD, BAKERY & PRESERVES
- Selling - Bread, savories and cakes all baked on site
- Location - 8 Little Brittox, Devizes. 01380 501252
- Open - Tue-Sat 09:30-13:00
WINE, BEER & CIDER
- Selling - English vinyard and orchard offering a range of vegan friendly wines and apple juices.
- Location - Littleton Panell. 01380 816669
- Notes - Order online and collect or for local delivery
- Selling - Craft cider maker using local apples
- Location - Rutts Lane, West Lavington. 01380 609090
- Open - By appointment only
- Notes - Order by phone or email for local delivery
- Selling - Make and sell farmhouse cider, form local apples.
- Location - Bromham Cider Farm, St. Edith's Marsh. 07968 115640
- Notes - On site tasting and sampling suspended due to COVID-19 lockdown, but offering delivery up to a 3 mile radius or order and collect service.
- Selling - Independent craft brewery producing a range of beers for delivery in cask, keg, bag in box or mini cask
- Location - Old Broughton Road, Melksham. 01125 707111
- Notes - During COVID-19 lockdown the brewery is closed to visitors, but they are making home deliveries including to Devizes
- Selling - Cask beer plus a wide range of bottles and cans
- Location - St. Johns Street, Devizes. 01380 721443
- Open - Currently closed but deliveries start again in March
- Selling - Family run brewery supplying beer locally in oak casks
- Location - Northgate Street, Devizes. 01380 723361
- Open - Visitor centre 09:00-17:00 weekdays for collections
These are owned by the community and staffed by volunteers.
- Selling - Groceries, newspapers, cleaing products
- Location - The Street, All Cannings. 01380 862913
- Open - Mon-Fri 09:00-13:00 / 15:00-18:00, Sat 09:00-16:00, Sun 09:00-12:00
- Notes - Reduced hours during COVID-19 lockdown but offering deliveries, phone to order.
- Selling - Fresh fruit and vegetables, dairy products, bread, tinned and packet items, ice creams, soft drinks and newspapers
- Location - The Green, Urchfont. 01380 848700
- Open - Mon-Fri 08.30-17.30, Sat 09:00-12:00, Sun 09.30-10.30
- Notes - Orders taken to be collected later. Pickup of prepaid prescriptions from Day Lewis pharmacy.
- Selling - Bread, milk, newspapers and general groceries
- Location - The Chantry, Bromham. 01380 859093
- Open - Mon-Sat 07:00-18:00, Sun 08:00-16:00
- Notes - During COVID-19 only 3 people in the shop at a time
- Selling - Groceries including fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, bread and milk
- Location - High Street, Great Cheverell. 01380 813303
- Open - Mon-Sat 07:30-18:00, Sun 07:30-15:00
- Notes - Delivers to local area
- Selling - Range of local, organic and Fairtrade produce also loose goods and refils
- Location - Little Brittox, Devizes. 01380 725558
- Open - Mon 10:00-14:00, Tue-Fri 09:30-16:00, Sat 9:30-17:00 (During early 2021 lockdown)
- Notes - Also have an online shop for click and collect of a wide range of groceries, toiletries and cleaning products
- Selling - Waste free grocery store. Bring your own containers weigh and buy only what you need
- Location - Wharfside, Couch Lane, Devizes. 01380 739243
- Open - Mon 09:30-16:00, Tue 09:30-17:30, Fri-Sat 09:30-17:30
- Notes - Opening times may vary during COVID-19 lockdown, check website or their Facebook page for the latest
- Selling - Groceries including fruit, vegetables, meat, bread and cakes plus flowers. Also newsagent and post office
- Location - High Street, Seend. 01380 828250
- Open - Mon-Fri 07:30-17:30, Sat 08:30-13:00, Sun 09:00-10:30
- Notes - Can do local home deliveries too
- Selling - Groceries including Poulshot Lodge meat, Planks Dairy milk, Paget vegetables from Bromham, in-store bakery and other local products
- Location - Bath Road, Devizes. Also access from the canal between locks 45 & 46. 01380 724483
- Open - Daily 06:00-20:00
- Notes - During COVID-19 lockdown free deliveries to elderly or self isolating people, with no minimum order. See Dereks Deals for the latest news
- Selling - A range of food and other products. Not necessarily sourced locally.
- Location - Market Place, Devizes
- Open - Thursday 07:00-14:00
- Selling - A range of localy produced food, sold directly by the producers
- Location - Market Place, Devizes
- Open - first Saturday of each month 09:00-13:00
- Notes - Starting again on 4th July 2020 after the COVID-19 lockdown.