Talk - Giving a new lease of life to old bikes by making them electric.
Wednesday 17 October 2018, 07:30pm - 09:00pm
Modern battery technology means that it is now practical to add electric propulsion to a pedal cycle, giving a green and low cost means of transport accessible to most people. There are now many electric bikes (e-bikes) on the market at a range of prices, but a more cost effective and environmentally minded approach might be to add electric propulsion to an existing bicycle.
This talk will:
- Outline the benefits of e-bikes
- State the legal position regarding e-bikes
- Give details of what the options are for converting a bicycle to an e-bike
- Outline the likely cost of such conversions
- Cover the pitfalls that you may encounter with a particular bicycle conversion
- Describe the process of installing two different style e-bike conversion kits
Two bicycles which have been converted to e-bikes will be available to view.
Location Quakers Meeting House, Sussex Wharf, Devizes, SN10 2AE.